Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19, 2011
So...It's just five weeks since my gastric volvulus surgery, and recuperation is certainly going as predicted...SLOWLY! I, as predicted by Dr. Wallace, hate the gastric tube. It's just obnoxious. I wonder how long I'll have to have this thing? Oh well, my resolve is to think of at least one forward going or uplifting thing that happens each day. That will make the recuperative time go better, I hope...so here goes.
I spend part of each afternoon at the Rec Center at the Rushes...just watching life go by. Today, the Hartmans from Appleton - folks we've know for 28 years, were there, playing bingo! I had a nice visit with Marilyn and Pete, catching up on the year's activities. Marilyn has had both knees replaced and broke her pelvis. She's doing great and hoping that the next doctor's appointment will give her permission to go back to the x-country skiing that they love so much. It's always nice to meet them every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment